The winter husky ride trips in a valley near Zakopane is one of our faviourite trips. Explore the winter landscape, eat some local smoked cheese at an authentic Bacowka and ride on a sleigh pulled by Huskies, sounds like the perfect trip. We will pick you up from your apartment, drive you to the nearby valley and your husky sleigh ride and deliver you back to your apartment.
Husky Tour includes
- Transport to the valley and back to your apartment.
- Smoked cheese tasting at traditional Bacowka.
- Husky ride
A Bacowka is a traditional cheese hut where they smoke Ocypek (traditional cheese). Here you will have a chance to taste different flavours and also grill your own smoked cheese, there are also some local honeys and homemade cranberry jam to taste.
At the valley you will meet the huskies and have some time to interact with them and take pictures. You will then be taken to the sleigh and the dogs will be prepared to pull the sleigh. Depending on the conditions, 2 people can go with 2 separate sleighs. The trainer or an instructor will be guiding the sleigh while you are sitting inside the sleigh. There will also be a chance for you to try and guide the sleigh yourself.
Facts about the huskies used
- These dogs are extremely well looked after.
- Huskies need a lot of exercise and this is a great way for the dogs to release some of that extra energy they have.
- The huskies are extremely well trained.
Other useful info
- Bring some warm clothes if you have to wait it can get cold.
- Wear good winter shoes.
- The tour is only available if the snow conditions are good enough and will generally be confirmed a day or 2 before the scheduled date for the tour.
- There are options to do longer runs or even day trips with the dogs, if you are interested please go to book a tour and ask for longer trips and prices.
- Also please note that prices may vary over the Christmas and New Years time.
Reviews from our clients
Our stay in Zakopane was perfect - RakaTravel were incredibly helpful with everything; organising things to do, taxi rides, showing the area etc. The apartment was wonderful too. We would highly recommend Raka Travel!
We had a fab time in Zakopane. Rakatravel really looked after us all week, giving us excellent ski lessons and taking us on half days out to the mountains and various ski resorts. We would highly recommend booking with them and look forward to returning soon!
The house is excellent! We really enjoyed our stay. We also enjoyed the rafting trip and it was nice to be picked up and pass the queues for the rafting. The guide spoke only Polish but made an effort to explain things to us. Happy to have booked with Rakatravel!
Hi Retha, Thank you very much for an excellent stay in Zakopane. We had the best stay and only wish we could have stayed longer. We had a fantastic time learning to Ski with Peter. He was very helpful getting us organised with ski gear and patient teaching us to ski.
The view is amazing and the facilities are great to unwind at the end of an action packed active day, which Retha is also happy to organise for us. We would recommend a hike in the area, fat biking and a snowboard lesson organised through Retha. Next time we are in Zakopane we would definitely stay here again!