The horse sleigh ride with a bonfire and grilled sausages is an old Polish winter tradition suitable for groups of friends or familes. The trip includes a pick-up from your apartment, transport to the Chochołowska Valley and back to the apartment.
Kulig Trip includes
- Transport to the area where the horses and sleighs are.
- Bonfire with Polish sausage, bigos and tea.
- Traditional highlanders' singing.
- Transport back to your apartment.
The kulig was a sleigh ride party organized among the Polish aristocracy. A procession of horse-pulled sleighs and sleds went from one manor house to another, entertained everywhere with hearty meals followed by dancing. In partnershp with TrioTravel you can now experience this here in the nearby valley Chochołowska.
If you are a big group please check with us first as the prices can be different. This trip is subject to weather conditions and can be cancelled on short notice.
People: 1 min
Other useful info
- The trip is usually only available between 01.01. 2018 and 28.02.2018.
- Pick up time is around 16:00.
- The trip takes about 3hrs and you should be back at your apartment for 20:00
- Wear warm clothes, gloves and hats.
- The sleighs are 4 seaters so if you are only 2 people you will share your sleigh with someone.
- If you want your own sleigh you can pay an extra 40zl per open space you want to fll.
Reviews from our clients
Our stay in Zakopane was perfect - RakaTravel were incredibly helpful with everything; organising things to do, taxi rides, showing the area etc. The apartment was wonderful too. We would highly recommend Raka Travel!
We had a fab time in Zakopane. Rakatravel really looked after us all week, giving us excellent ski lessons and taking us on half days out to the mountains and various ski resorts. We would highly recommend booking with them and look forward to returning soon!
The house is excellent! We really enjoyed our stay. We also enjoyed the rafting trip and it was nice to be picked up and pass the queues for the rafting. The guide spoke only Polish but made an effort to explain things to us. Happy to have booked with Rakatravel!
Hi Retha, Thank you very much for an excellent stay in Zakopane. We had the best stay and only wish we could have stayed longer. We had a fantastic time learning to Ski with Peter. He was very helpful getting us organised with ski gear and patient teaching us to ski.
The view is amazing and the facilities are great to unwind at the end of an action packed active day, which Retha is also happy to organise for us. We would recommend a hike in the area, fat biking and a snowboard lesson organised through Retha. Next time we are in Zakopane we would definitely stay here again!